Monday, May 14, 2012

My First Official Mother's Day

I had a great Mother's Day!  I got to see my mom and Lance's mom.  I didn't make it to see Lance's stepmom, but Lance was able to get her present to her on Saturday.

When I woke up, I found a surprise on the table from Lance.  He very professionally displayed a bunch of my favorite candy bars, Reese's Peanut Butter Cups.  I found the display when I went into the living/dining room.  It made me smile, and they are delightful.


 I wasn't sure if he would get me anything or not, because I'm in that stage where some people consider me a mom, and some don't.  I, personally, consider a pregnant woman a mother.  After all, the baby is alive in there, and you have to protect, nurture, and provide for him/her.

 Anyway, Lance had joked all week, telling me I should get him a present for Mother's Day.  He's silly like that.  I told him that I'd get him something for Father's Day in a month, but not Mother's Day.  He said that he should get a present for both days.  Ha ha ha!  Good thing I knew he was joking, right?

I want to tell all the mothers out there how much I admire them.  I know it's a hard job.  I'm a little nervous about being a mother myself, to tell you the truth.  Ecstatic, but nervous.  I'm grateful for all of the examples of wonderful mothers that I have around me, and the fact that there are many women around to answer all my rookie mom questions.

Happy Mother's Day . . . a little late.

No comments:

Post a Comment