Friday, May 11, 2012

18 Weeks

I got to see my tiny dancer yesterday!  She wasn't much in the dancing mood, though.  I think she was sleepy.  Everything seems to be going well.  Her heartbeat was strong, we could see the four chambers of her heart, she is growing the way she should be with all of her organs in place, and she is definitely still a girl.

I'm really lucky, because I get three extra ultrasounds with my pregnancy.  I'm doing a NuMom2be study.  It's pretty much an extra appointment each trimester.  The only bad thing is that I have to get my blood drawn each time I go.  I just cringe and bear it, though.  Seriously though, if I can handle giving myself a shot (which I did last summer, MANY times,) then I can handle giving a little blood.  It doesn't mean I have to enjoy it, though.  Ha ha ha!

I actually enjoy going to these appointments.  While they can be rather awkward, as any prenatal/OBGYN appointment can be, they take more time and pamper me there.  I got TONS of ultrasound pictures!  Some were even of certain areas of my baby's body.  She waved at us!  You know how it's the dad's job to count the fingers and toes at birth?  Well, Lance gets it easy, because as you'll see in one of the pictures, you can see she has five fingers on her right hand!  The pinky finger is a little faint, but it's definitely there.  I'll only show you the profile and hand ultrasounds, because the others are a little hard to decipher without a guide, unless you're an ultrasound pro, or have already been guided through them.

 
 Her cute profile.  She's such a cutie!

 
 Cute little hand!  The blob in the back is the umbilical cord.

I love my baby girl so much!  I can't wait to kiss her cheeks!

3 comments:

  1. Cute! Glad everything is going well! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's so fun to see ultrasound pictures! But, don't be too disappointed when your little dancer decides to play sports instead. :) I promise, you'll still love her just as much. You know I have to tease, right? Especially since I have a mini Michelle!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So cute! I'm so happy for you guys. Have you guys decided on on a name yet for your tiny dancer?

    ReplyDelete