Tuesday, December 6, 2011

It's Beginning to Look . . .

Well, you know what it's beginning to look a lot like.  Merry Christmas everyone!  I love this festive time of year . . . minus the cold, of course.  It's so fun to see lights on people's houses . . . except ours (we still don't have outdoor plugs, so no lights this year) . . . and all of the other decorations.  I love watching cheesy, heart-warming movies and TV series specials.  But what I love most is being reminded exactly why we celebrate Christmas. 

This last Saturday, I went with my parents and brother, Paul, to a very elaborate Nativity display, and it started off the season just right.  I loved seeing many Nativity sets from around the world and the different artistry that was involved.  I am glad that one of the LDS stakes around here has that tradition. 

 Anyway, I'm sure you want to see pictures of how I decorated my house this year.  And if you don't, well, you don't have to look. :)


Some cute little decorative cans.


You can't have a Christmas tree without a Christmas train.  Oh, and the tree skirt is from Dollar Tree.  Score!


The table is ready for some hot cocoa and cookies.


Even the foliage corner got decorated!


Sparkly trees and one of my Nativity sets on the credenza.


Piano village, a Nativity, and other trinkets.  And this piano has definitely emitted some holiday tunes already.


The Christmas tree in all its glory.


I'm in love with my star!  I've had it for three years, but I LOVE it!


Gilded pine cones on a red charger.  Minimalist decor.


I love my mantle and the surrounding shelves!  I hung a red garland with gold bulbs this year.  I love it!  The stockings were knit by my Grandma Hansen probably thirty or forty years ago.  She was amazing!


My smallish tree with an icy snowflake topper. 


 I whipped these babies up last week.  Just paper in frames, hung by ribbons.  I like them.


Chair decor.


Frohes Fest.  We add a little German influence to our home, since Lance lived there and in Austria for two years.  One day I want to be there during Christmas time to see their street shops.  They sound so fun!


Credenza village.
 

Merry Christmas!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment