We received a gift from my brother and sister-in-law, Dustin and Venessa. They gave us 2 games. We love games! We got dominoes, mainly for Mexican Train, a super fun game that you play with dominoes, and we got a Rummy O game. We haven't had an opportunity to play either of them yet, but we're super excited for when we do!
The game my mom did for all of us was tons of fun! We each had a wrapped present. She read How the Grinch Stole Christmas. If she said "Who" or "Whoville," we passed the present to the right. If she said "Grinch," we passed the present to the left. If she said "Christmas," we had to sit in a different place. I stole her idea for Activity Days the following Tuesday, and it seemed to be as fun for my Activity Days girls and their parents. So, the present I ended up with was initially a Star Wars puzzle, but my nephew, Dallin, was hoping to get that one, so, he asked me if I would trade him. I kinda like him, so I traded. Plus, he had something better, Face cards! Woo hoo! More games! Lance initially ended up with a huge candy cane, but our niece, Katie, saw that and her eyes lit up. She also asked if she could trade him, so he did. He ended up with chocolate peanut butter penguins.
We also had a pot luck lunch/dinner. I brought tuna salad and a my lemon cheesecake bars without the lemon, but with cinnamon chips. My dessert turned out amazing! Everyone seemed to like them. Everyone's contributions were delicious! I think I gained a few pounds just that one day.
I have one funny story, that I want to share. My youngest nephew, Declan, was involved. I try to get him to copy me with walking funny. So, I was trying that, and all of a sudden, he threw his arms down and yelled "STOP!!!!" He doesn't talk much because he's not even two yet. But it was hilarious!
Here are some pictures from the festivities:
Paul opening his present from us
Me opening our present from Dustin and Venessa
Dallin, Paxton, Venessa, Katie, Brielle, and Amber getting ready to play the Grinch game
Brielle showing off her dress-ups
Kohl and Connor having fun
Ashlyn trying to hide from my camera
Declan being cute
Merrin being chummy with Brownie, the dog
Dallin
The party was a blast! My family rocks!
Sounds like tons of fun, and that game where the Grinch story was read sounds like a really fun idea.
ReplyDelete