Our new computer came last week!!! However, it still isn't set up. Lance hasn't had much time to set it up because he has two classes that started last week. We're getting there slowly but surely (Lance will have his MBA at the end of Spring semester if everything goes as planned). I don't set up the computer, because I'm not much of a computer genius. Lance really isn't either, but he can understand his computer genius brothers over the phone much better than I can, so the computer is his job. Anyway, sorry for yet another post that has the absence of pictures.
So, what has been going on around here in the last week? Well, it's been pretty exciting. We spoke yesterday in sacrament meeting. I spoke on music, which if I have to speak, this is the perfect topic for me. Lance spoke on making wise choices with media. So, pretty fun topics. Of course, we both have our little insecurities about speaking, but it went well. In my opinion, Lance was a much more interesting speaker than I was. He talked as if he were having a conversation with someone. I had planned on that, but I got too nervous and ended up just reading my talk instead (good thing I wrote it down word for word so it wasn't too awkward). As is goes with most people and public speaking, we're glad it's over, and we don't have to speak again for another year or so.
On Saturday, Lance traveled to his grandpa's house and helped purge it. His grandpa has been in an assisted living/nursing home type place for a year, and he decided to sell his house. We got many items from the purge. Our house is kind of overflowing right now. We have some stuff on the back patio because we don't know what to do with some of it. Our fridge is also back there, because we got a new fridge. Okay, it's not exactly new, but it's newer than our antique-ish fridge that came with our house. The newer fridge came with Lance's brother's new house that he just bought, but he already had a fridge, so they asked us if we wanted that one. Of course we jumped at that opportunity. But our food is in the old fridge that is working on the patio because you have to wait a while to get the other fridge ready to work. I'll be transferring the food tonight.
From both occurrences, we got many things (two couches, a chair, a dresser, a desk, dishes, and many other heirlooms).
We got the couches because they were just going to throw them in the dumpster. Seriously!? They're salvageable! They have the "old person" smell, but I've already Febreezed one of them, and the smell has dissolved. The cushions, on the other hand, were not salvageable, but cushions are very easily replaced. You can buy the inside part of a cushion and then make a cover to put on the cushion super easy! It just might take a while, because I am still planning on redoing my table first. It is also on the back patio, but only because I'm planning on redoing it this week. I know exactly where to put it.
The dresser is being used as a credenza in my dining room. I'm putting things like cook books and table linens in it. It will also be perfect for dinner parties and such. We will be able to put the food on the credenza as a buffet style, instead of using my kitchen counter, and keep having to go back and forth between the dining room and kitchen (they're not far apart, but I like the kitchen to be a food preparation center, not a serving center).
The desk will be used in Lance's home office in the basement. Right now, he is using my sewing table as his desk, and a real desk will be sturdier and have a lot more surface space and storage space. It's win win for both of us! He gets a real desk, and I get my sewing table back! Yay for more sewing!
So, as you can see, I will have tons of projects to do. I'm excited to do them and see how they turn out!
Sounds like you will be busy! I will enjoy seeing how your projects turn out.
ReplyDelete