Monday, August 22, 2011

So Long My Electronic Friend

I am a sucker for old-fashioned things.  However, some things just aren't meant to last that long.  Electronic devices are among them. 

Our computer decided to go towards the light that gave it life.  Yes, it crashed.  Its hard drive was old and worn out.  For months it would spontaneously shut off for no reason, and this past week, it never booted up again.  Yes, it's a sad thing to say goodbye to something you spend time with daily, but it's okay, because guess what!!!!!  We're getting a new computer!!!  Woo hoo!!!  And you know what else is even better news?!?!?!?  It's not a used one!!!

What happened to all the files we were storing on the hard drive?  Well, that is an interesting story.  I had been downloading pictures from Lance's family the previous night, and saw that the hard drive was not quite big enough to hold everything I already had on there and what was being downloaded.  So, the morning of the crash, I transferred most of the pictures onto our external hard drive.  We only had two important things on the hard drive that we can think of.  We're going to see if we can still recover them.  We're keeping our fingers crossed.

How am I doing computer things without a computer?  Well, we have an even older computer than the one that died.  It's extremely old and slower than a snail on a sidewalk.  But it's a nice back-up.  I've been able to do most of the same things I was before, just at a much slower pace.  It works, but it doesn't have the capacity to load as fast as we would like.

So, to let you know just how slow this computer is, I tried to upload some pictures on here, and I waited for about fifteen minutes and I still couldn't get to the files that I wanted to upload.  So, sorry this is a picture-less post.  There was nothing I could do.  I wanted to upload pictures from our wedding, bridals, and engagement pictures.  Our anniversary was the fourth of this month, and we just celebrated it this past weekend (we were working on our floor on our actual anniversary).  It would have been a fun look down memory lane, but oh well, my computers don't seem to like to cooperate with me at this time.

Next time, I'll have lots to post about: new computer, our anniversary outing (I'll keep it rated G), my house all put back together, hopefully a finished dining room table, some organizing projects I've been working on, and who knows what else!  It's been a pretty busy/big month!  Until then, I hope you'll forgive me for not having any pictures.

No comments:

Post a Comment