Do you remember that awesome deal I got on fabric a while back? The $1 per yard for home decor fabric. Well, I saved the cardboard spool it came on, and have found a purpose for it . . . a limbo stick!!! I mainly wanted to make a limbo stick for Activity Days. Tomorrow, we're having a summer fun day with water balloons, games, etc. and I thought that a limbo stick would be perfect for it! Let's just hope that the girls are as psyched about this as I am. I'll definitely be keeping it for future use, though. Who wouldn't want a limbo stick? Ha ha!
So, here is how I transformed a not so pretty cardboard tube into a super chic limbo stick:
Step one: I spray painted the entire thing black. You can use whatever color you want, and you can do whatever kind of paint you want. I just had some leftover black spray paint, so I put it to use. Let dry overnight.
Step two: I painted designs on the stick. I first painted a pink line going down the seam of the cardboard. You know, how there is a seam that spirals down a paper towel tube or a toilet paper tube? This tube was the same. Then I painted white polka dots (I have a recently acquired fetish with polka dots) all over. Let dry.
Voila! It's finished! I bet you thought it would be harder! Well, surprise! It isn't!
No comments:
Post a Comment