I hope that all of you mothers out there had a wonderful Mother's Day! Mother's Day is a little awkward for a married woman without any children. At church, they give out little gifts after sacrament meeting. It's really awkward for me, because they always give me one. Usually I argue with them and say that I'm not a mother yet, but they make me take it anyway. Then I feel guilty for taking something that really wasn't meant for me. So, this year, I was able to sneak past the person at the door handing out the gifts. Yay! My mother, on the other hand, gives me Mother's Day gifts anyway. She tells me that I'm an MIT, Mother in Training. Well, I guess if she got it for me, specifically, it was technically meant for me. But I still feel weird. Other than the awkwardness, Mother's Day was a good day. We went to my parents' house for the afternoon and saw my brothers and their families there as well. Then, we went to Lance's brother's house to celebrate on that side in the evening. We hope to visit Lance's step-mom very soon. We're so blessed to have THREE mothers looking out for us! We love them all!
Everyone knows that Mother's Day is the magic day where you can start planting flowers and your garden! Well, since the entire weekend was pretty rainy, we haven't done our garden yet, but my flower bed is planted! I'm excited for more zinnias, marigolds, and sunflowers! My lilies are coming up, but they're not quite in bloom yet. Last year, only one lily came out in our flower bed, so Lance was excited to see that I had planted four lily bulbs equal distance apart. I LOVE flowers!!! Oh! Remember our single lavender tulip I discovered last year? Well, we still have that plant, and guess what! There are about ten bulbs on it! They are kind of late bloomers because they're in a very shady spot, but they should be blooming in the next couple of weeks! I'll take pictures of my flowers when they come out so you can see them!
This past Saturday, my niece, Ashlyn, had a piano recital. She called me specifically and invited me, so I couldn't pass that up! She did AWESOME!!! I'm so proud of her! Speaking of piano, I'm teaching from my home now. So far I have two students. I'm hoping for more, so if you know of anyone looking for a beginning piano teacher, send them my way.
Well, that's all for now.
Can't wait to see your flowers! Wish we had somewhere to plant some. Someday..... Way to go on the piano students as well! You are so good at playing, I'm sure you're a great teacher!
ReplyDelete