I forgot to write about this in my previous post! It was HILARIOUS, but I was really upset at the time.
For Thanksgiving, I volunteered to make a lemon meringue pie. So, I made it two days early so that it would have time to set up. Well, the morning after I made said pie, I realized I made a HUGE mistake! I forgot the lemon juice! How can it be lemon meringue pie if there is no lemon in there!?!?!? I was talking to Lance when I realized it. I was so upset that I stomped my foot and growled like a high-pitched tiger. I would have preferred to sound like a grizzly bear, but my voice is too high for that. So, I had to make another lemon meringue pie that day, which I wasn't a big fan of, because lemon meringue pies take FOREVER!!! You're supposed to let the filling boil on medium heat. It took an ETERNITY!!! But this time I remembered the lemon juice, however, I ran out of lemon juice, so I substituted lime juice. It ended up tasting great, but it didn't set up well. Seriously! How do you get lemon meringue pie filling to set up? I'm a pro at the meringue part, but the filling is always runny!
Anyway, so I ended up taking both pies to Thanksgiving. One was labeled "Lemon," and the other was labeled "Not Lemon." That was the joke for this Thanksgiving. It's okay, though. I like making people laugh. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment