Before I tell you about some more good movies, I want to share an experience I had today.
I went to Target (and other stores today, big errand day), and guess who I saw! Julianne Hough! At least, I think it was her. I didn't talk to her or anything. I'm sure if I were famous, I'd want to be able to shop in peace. But it looked like her and sounded like her (she was talking to her nephew). She is just as adorable in real life as she is on screen! She was even in work-out clothes, and she was gorgeous! I secretly hate people like that, but not really. I'm just jealous. She was shopping with her sister (I think). Her sister was gorgeous too . . . AND also in work-out clothes. So, yeah, it was a pretty surreal experience.
Okay, so movies I like:
Safe Haven
In honor of seeing Julianne Hough, I will recommend Safe Haven. It is a movie of a Nicholas Sparks book. Now, I know what you're thinking, "Nicholas Sparks is sooooo depressing." Well, at least I think that. It's always a tragedy. Well, this one wasn't quite as much of a tragedy as the others I've seen. It had a little sadness, but more suspense. I really enjoyed this. And the ending had a fun little surprise. So, if you like chick flicks, this one is great!
The Guilt Trip
We watched this one recently. I wasn't too excited about it, to be honest. It was just something that was available at Red Box that we hadn't already seen, or that wasn't rated R. We got it on a Saturday night, so the box had been picked through. Anyway, I really liked it. It wasn't quite as funny as I thought it would be. It had a great story about a mother and son and their relationship after he's grown, but yes, there was some comedy involved. I thought it would be total disaster trip, like the previews made it seem, but it really wasn't. There were some disastrous parts, but not like you think. And the overbearing mother role wasn't overdone at all, in my opinion. Maybe that's my inner mother speaking out, but it didn't seem as bad as portrayed in the previews. Barbara Streisand and Seth Rogen did great.
Roman Holiday
How can I review and not do a classic? This one stars Audrey Hepburn and Gregory Peck. Oh, how I love Audrey... She plays a princess who is in Rome on business/publicity. She hates being a princess and always doing what others want, so she runs away for a day. She meets a handsome stranger who happens to be a newspaper reporter. Well, like all classic movies, they obviously fall in love. The ending is a little disappointing, but in real life, that's how the ending would go, so it works. But I mainly watch it for the story, not the end.
No comments:
Post a Comment