Monday, August 5, 2013

Movie Monday August 5, 2013

So, I think I'm ready for a slight change, a scheduling change.  I've been getting used to having a schedule again (babies sort of force that onto you), and I may or may not be going a little overboard with it...

So, with my blog, I'd like to do a few new things: Movie Monday, Tune-up Tuesday, Welling Wednesday, and Tipful Thursday.

Movie Monday: Talk about recent movies I've watched, sort of like a review.  We watch a lot of movies.  We don't go to the theater often . . . hardly ever, but we're constantly borrowing movies, renting Red Boxes, etc.  We're movie fanatics.  A little side note, as most of you know, we don't watch R rated movies, so if you're wanting my opinion on one of those, tough luck.

Tune-up Tuesday: This will be a day where I talk about my weekly goals.  What good is a goal if you don't share it?  I'll be more accountable for it and more likely to achieve it.  Thanks for listening!

Welling Wednesday: Obviously, this is our weekly family update.

Tipful Thursday: I'll post fun little tips I've discovered, kid ideas, cleaning/organizational tips, exercise tips, crafts, recipes, etc.

Okay, now, nobody has time to blog every day.  Obviously, these won't happen every single week.  I know, you're rejoicing that you don't have to read this every day.  Lucky you.

Now, what's today again?  Oh yeah!  It's Monday.  I have three movies I'd like to recommend:

Beautiful Creatures


I'll be honest, I was a little weary of this one, but I ended up liking it a lot.  I thought it might be scary, but it really wasn't.  It's about a mortal guy and a castor (witch, but don't call her that) who fall in love.  She's not supposed to fall in love with a mortal because bad things could happen.  Oh, and on her sixteenth birthday, she finds out if she's a good castor or a dark castor.   The only thing I didn't like about this movie was all the profanity.  Come on writers, can't you expand your vocabulary a bit?

Jack the Giant Slayer


I loved this version of the classic tale.  It was adventurous and entertaining, with a little bit of romance mixed in (not graphic romance, either).  The violence is a little graphic, but other than that, very entertaining.  Don't let your kids see it unless they can handle violence.  P.S. I loved that the princess wasn't completely helpless.  She had spunk and determination.

What's Up Doc?


This is an old classic, not black and white, though.  Oh, I can't tell you how much I love this one!  There are four bags that look exactly the same at the same hotel.  One has igneous rocks for a musician's research project, one has women's clothing, one has very expensive, fine jewelry, and one has top secret government information.  You do the math, and try to figure out how crazy and mixed up this can get.  It's hilarious!  Also, Barbara Streisand and Ryan O'Neal are fantastic.  Who doesn't love a little Babs in their life?  Ha ha!  P.S. Ryan O'Neal rocks the "hipster" look.  He was nerdy back then, but isn't that what is popular right now?

Well, I hope you enjoyed my recommendations!  Happy movie night!  What movies have you recently watched that you like?

No comments:

Post a Comment