Monday, April 8, 2013

The Diaper Conundrum

Those of you who are my friend on Facebook know that Lydia has this little diaper problem.  She blows out of about every other stinky diaper she has.

I asked for advice a few days ago, and got tons.  Wow!  Thanks friends!  About half of the advice given said to put her up a size.  Very good advice, by the way, but in this particular circumstance, it didn't work.  I had bumped her up a size about a week and a half before, and still, blowout after blowout happened.

We have been getting the cheap-o brand at Walmart.  We've had problems with blowouts all along, but not quite this bad.  Even when she was brand new, and we had lots of different brands of diapers from baby showers, she blew out of every single kind.  Well, except Pampers, but she only had those for about a week, and they're twice as much as everything else.  So, we decided to go with the cheapest ones, since they all were problematic.

Now that she's older, and a little differently shaped, we're trying out different diapers again.  Right now, we're trying the next cheapest kind, Target's Up and Up brand.  It's been a couple of days, and the result is: still a few blowouts, but not quite as many.  If these don't work, we'll try the next cheapest diapers, and so on until we get to one that works, or to the top price.

We may be a little premature on trying out new diapers.  She's barely six months now, which means we'll be introducing her to different foods.  Up 'til now, she's only had breast milk, so I'm sure that the consistency of her poop will change (sorry about the TMI).  But honestly, it's frustrating to have to pack two or three extra outfits everywhere we go, so we're trying things out.

Any advice or encouragement you have would be appreciated.  I'm to the point where I think she's just a super pooper.  She really does put a lot of force into it.  It's kind of funny, but still frustrating to have to change her and sometimes myself if I'm holding her when she blows.

No comments:

Post a Comment