Tuesday, March 26, 2013

Stand for Something

I feel like I should stand up for what I believe in today.  So, my view on gay marriage: not a good idea.

I'm all for having free agency and equality, but for me to say that it is okay for gay people to get married is like me saying that it is okay to sin.  Even if you're "born that way," the fact is, homosexuality is a sin.  End of story.  We were sent to Earth to overcome our innermost temptations and desires, regardless of how strong they are.

This doesn't mean that I hate gay people, or judge them.  I know and care about a lot of gay people.  I just don't like the sin.  I make my mistakes, you make yours.  We live, we love, we all make mistakes, we get on with life.

I could go on and on about this, but I'll leave it at that.  I'm not ashamed to express my beliefs, even if it may offend some people.  I hope it doesn't, because I do care about all people equally.  I love the fact that I live in a free country where we can express our thoughts and beliefs freely.  I also love that we are all different and have different opinions.

Isn't life grand?

No comments:

Post a Comment