Some hot topics this week in the news were: the elementary school shooting back east and wearing pants to church.
My heart goes out to the families of the victims of the shooting. It's heartbreaking to think that there are people out there who would hurt children, or anyone for that matter. Every life is a precious gift, so never take it for granted. You never know when tragedy will strike.
My view on wearing pants to church is indifferent. If it is your best outfit, sure, wear it to church! Nobody ever said you HAVE to wear a dress. You're just asked to wear your best clothes, because what you wear on Sunday to church should show the respect you have for Heavenly Father. It's just that in our culture, a dress is viewed as someone's best clothing. It is starting to shift from that traditional view, so if you feel like a pant suit is your best, or a pair of jeans is your best, then go for it. If you feel you're being judged, don't worry. We're not supposed to judge anyway, so do what you think is right. That's the beauty of free agency. We can figure out for ourselves what is right for us. As for me, I still believe that a dress or a skirt is my best. Besides, I don't get to wear dresses or skirts many other places, and they're so cute!
So, a lot has also happened with our little Lydi-Bug this week, too! She has hit a few exciting milestones. First off, her doctor prescribed a multivitamin for her. The first day she thought it was pretty weird. I don't blame her. It smells kind of funny. But she seems to like it more and more each day. What a great kid, right? She's okay with trying new things . . . for now. We'll see when she gets to those defiant toddler years.
She has started working out her laugh. It's not a full-fledged laugh, but she's starting to figure it out. SO CUTE!!! I've been so excited for this ever since I knew she was coming! I love baby laughs. She also loves to talk and sing. I love her sweet little voice.
She has discovered her hands and is very interested in them. Thank goodness! She lets me put her down for longer periods of time now because of this. She loves stimulation, and gets very excited about the hanging toys on her bouncy chair. I think I know what Santa is going to bring her for Christmas (a crib mobile). She will love it!
Tummy time and bath time have gotten much better. She still isn't a fan of tummy time, but she doesn't scream the second I lay her on her tummy. She is getting a feel for it, and is becoming quite strong. Bath time is slowly becoming a fun time for her. She HATED bath time for two months, and yesterday, we had a major breakthrough! She smiled a ton during her bath! I've figured out that she gets cold during it, so squeezing the wash cloth over her with the warm bath water helps her stay warm and cozy. Now, the goal is to keep her happy when I take her out. The poor thing shivers like crazy. I dry her as fast as I can and dress her in cuddly outfits. She loves it when I give her lotion massages, though, especially when I talk to her. She loves being the center of attention.
This is what she used to think of bath time.
Also, the doctor told me to put her to bed drowsy. We've been putting her to bed zonked and hope she doesn't wake while we tip-toe out. So, this past week we have put her to bed drowsy, but still awake. She has done VERY well. The first night she fussed for about ten or fifteen minutes, and then slept for about six hours. What a trooper! She is an amazingly wonderful baby. I'm spoiled with her. She lets me get a lot of sleep, only cries when she's hungry or tired, and is so easy to take places. I can't help falling more and more in love with this girl. I love being her mommy!
No comments:
Post a Comment