Monday, October 22, 2012

2 Weeks

Today, Lydia is two weeks old!  Wow! 

She had her 2 week check-up, and everything looks great.  She's growing like a weed, and plumping up nicely.  She was 20 7/8 inches long (60th percentile), 8 lbs 10 1/2 oz (55th percentile), and her head circumference was 37.8 cm (85th percentile).  She's right where she needs to be and then some.

It's been an adventure getting used to having a baby around 24/7.  I love her tons, but there are hard times as well.  I had a case of the "baby blues" last week.  I pretty much just felt overwhelmed and sore.  I really needed to get out of the house.  My main problem was that I wanted to show her off, but couldn't because most of my family members are either sick or busy.  For a couple days, I didn't even get Lydia or myself ready at all, because there was no reason to.  So, that made me feel frumpy and grumpy. 

Thank goodness for my wonderful mother and wonderful hubby!  Thursday, my mom came and took Lydia and me out to lunch and for a short shopping trip afterward.  It was so much fun to get out of the house and spend time with my mom.  She was a lifesaver that day!  Every day since, Lance has been very nice and taken me for drives and little errands.  It feels good to have a reason to try to look nice.

It's also been hard to get used to the sleep schedule.  Lydia has a hard time getting to sleep the initial time I would like to go to bed.  Sometimes she stays up an extra 1-2 hours.  But she gives me about 3 hour stretches during the night, so she's not too bad.  I just need to remember to nap during the day when she naps.  I've also been trying to read while I nurse, so that I don't get bored or fall asleep with her in my arms.  I've had a little dry spell lately with reading, so it's been fun getting back into it.

Lydia really is a very good baby.  She mostly cries when she is hungry.  Sometimes it seems like I can't feed that girl enough, but most of the time, it's about every 2-4 hours, so not too bad.  She sleeps most of the rest of the time, with just a few hours of awake time each day.  She's absolutely adorable during that time with bright eyes and silly facial expressions.

Super cute outfit from my sister.  Her diaper leaked all over it just after I took her picture, so Lance was the only one that saw her in it.  But at least I got the picture taken first!

I love this outfit!  The jeggings and sneakers make her look so big!

Exhausted Mommy

She loves to cuddle.  :)

Another super cute outfit.  She's spoiled.  :)

Well, there's the update.  It's been an amazing adventure getting used to being a family of three.  I love watching her grow!

No comments:

Post a Comment