Thursday, July 12, 2012

Baby Update, 27 Weeks

I had a doctor's appointment today.  All is well, still.

Tiny Dancer is growing like a weed at 2 1/2 lbs.  She is also taking after her mother in the flexibility department.  She was pretty much folded in half.  We couldn't get a decent picture of her because both her hands and her legs were in front of her face.  Maybe she doesn't have stage fright after all.  I'm thinking she just likes to say, "look what I can do!"

I also had my glucose test today.  Bleh.  That nasty orange drink gave me a stomach ache and a buzz.  Surprisingly, though, it wasn't so bad when they drew blood this time.  I don't know the results yet.  I'm hoping I don't get a call within the next week, because no news is good news.  I'm not too worried, though.  I'm soooooo thankful it's over!  Mostly because of the nasty orange drink.  But I got some great news today!  I don't have to get the Tdap vaccine, because at my physical in December (to prepare for adoption), I got one, and apparently it's good for up to 4 years.  Score!  One less needle prick for me!

The third trimester is definitely the most uncomfortable for me.  It's not just the heat talking, now.  Baby is getting big, and there's not much room for her.  No wonder she's folded in half!  She's not even that big yet.  The good news is that I can feel her much better.  Yay!

The other day I was playing the piano, and I felt a little kick.  Let's hope she was dancing in there, and not asking me to stop.  Ha ha!  Last night, when Lance came home, I whispered excitedly, "Daddy's home!"  Then she kicked.  I hope she was excited too.

I'm loving her personality!  She's definitely got a mind of her own already.  It's been hard to get a decent ultrasound picture of her because of her little tricks (this time being folded in half, last time she was turned the wrong way, and she's always got her hand up by her face).  Whenever I think that it's been a while since I've felt her move, I start to worry, and then I'll feel a tiny nudge saying, "I'm still here, Mom.  Don't worry."  I think she'll be a wonderful big sister one day.  She's already looking out for me, making sure my mind is at ease.

So, exciting stuff coming up!  Now I get to go to the doctor every two weeks.  We're getting close!  That means that I need to start thinking about pediatricians.  Any suggestions?  It's almost time to get a car seat.  We've been waiting until now to get one so that we can keep it as long as possible, and hopefully still have it for the next kid or two.  And we get to start thinking about taking birthing classes at the hospital.  Oh dear.  That makes me nervous!

Well, thanks for reading.  Sorry there's no picture.  Hopefully she'll cooperate next time.  Ha ha ha!

2 comments:

  1. Mindy Boehm at Ogden Clinic is an excellent pediatrician

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad to hear everything is going well!

    ReplyDelete