Hey guess what! I'm 20 weeks, which means I'm halfway through my pregnancy! At times it seems like it's gone really fast, but other times it seems like it's been forever since I found out. I'm sure that the next 4 1/2 months will fly by, since we've got a lot to do before our tiny dancer comes out.
I had another ultrasound last Thursday, and everything is still going great. Baby Girl is healthy, and I'm also doing well. I won't post pictures, because they're kind of dark this time. They also said that the due date has changed by a few days. It's the 6th of October instead of the 9th. But we all know how accurate due dates are... She will come when she's good and ready, but around the first week or two of October is our goal.
So, how has my pregnancy been so far? Great! I'm definitely glad I'm through with the first trimester, though. I had slight morning sickness, meaning I was queasy, but I never threw-up . . . well, except for one time, which wasn't morning sickness related. I dealt with the queasiness by sucking on candy canes. Did you know that peppermint is great for soothing tummies?
The biggest symptom I noticed before I even took the pregnancy test was food aversions. I had bought a ham about a week before I found out. A few days later, I couldn't stand the stuff. Even now, just thinking about ham makes me nauseous. Other foods that aren't appetizing to me are bacon, sausage, and other pork products. I've also had a few cravings, but no worse than I had before I became pregnant. Although, I do enjoy spicier foods now. And any sandwich with red onions is a definite winner in my book.
The hormone situation hasn't been bad at all. There have been a few mood swings, but nothing like a year ago when I was on the injectable hormones. This stuff is like a vacation compared to that!
The second trimester has been a breeze! Sometimes I forget I'm pregnant because I feel so good. But then my abnormally convex mid section reminds me, or the fact that I get fatigued easily, or the little nudges my baby gives me from time to time (which is the one of the best feelings in the world,) or my decreasing flexibility, aching hips, and sporadic pain in my abdomen (nothing to worry about, it's just ligaments stretching like they're supposed to.) I've also noticed that it is very difficult to put on socks. Who knew that such a simple task could be so painful?
Wish me luck with the rest of my pregnancy! I get to go all summer long, and it's already turning out to be a hot one. My left ankle has already started swelling a tiny bit, so I'm sure I'll be doing the "barefoot and pregnant" thing as much as I can. Ha ha ha! No really, I'm excited to experience all the things motherhood brings, even if it makes me uncomfortable for a while. It's worth it, and I've been waiting for this for a long time.
Sorry if you're expecting a photo of the baby bump. That's not really my thing. I'll take lots of pictures of the baby when she's outside of me, though.
Lance and I are still very excited to be parents. It's amazing how I haven't even met my daughter face to face yet, but I already love her so much!
No comments:
Post a Comment