Monday, April 23, 2012

The Big Reveal

Saturday, we had a fun little party for our family to reveal the gender of our baby.  I got the idea from pinterest, but simplified it to make it our own.

As people arrived, I had them cast their votes by writing their name on either a piece of pink paper for girl, or blue paper for boy, and then put it in a bowl.  We ended up with 8 votes for girl and 12 votes for boy.

 
Voting and name suggestion table

Casting votes and suggesting names (Lance was helping the young kids.  He already knew the answer.)

Then, they wrote down girl name suggestions on pink slips of paper, and boy name suggestions on blue slips of paper.  I told them it could be as silly as they wanted, so there were some pretty crazy names in there.  Here is what everyone came up with:

Boy Names (Blue Papers)

Anakin
Boba Fet
Obamanique
Barackisha
Squignid
Dakota
Tate
Pat
Dylan
Jason
Red
Pen
Pizza
Scooter
Adam
Pake
Dalen
Hanniball
Ernie
Wolf
Linus
Tanner
LaFawnda
Esmerelda
Aaron
Micah
Humberto
Gunther
Jean-Ralphio
Juan Paco Pedro de la Mar
Alfalfa

Girl Names (Pink Papers)

Amy
Julianne
Darla
Lilly
LaFawniqua
Laurianne
Humberta
Alicia
Savannah Girl
Venessa
Megan
Emily
Marlene
Kate
Katlyn
Cheree'  (That's supposed to be an accent mark)
Gabby
Gertrude
Bruinhilda
Espn
Willow
Tana
Pat
Bright
Larry
Cheyanne
Barackisha
Obamanique

 Lance and I have a different name chosen, but we won't tell anyone until our baby is born.  It could change last minute.  You never know.

 
Waiting for the results

 Refreshments were spritz cookies, half in blue, half in pink.  I also made a cake, which is how we revealed the gender.  The cake was pink, because we're having a girl!!!  It would have been blue if it were a boy.  The suspense was intense as I cut the first piece!


  Yummy refreshments!  The cake was pink inside!  It's a girl!


Everyone is so excited for another girl in the family!  I'm excited to dress her up in frilly dresses and bows, and lots and lots of pink!

No comments:

Post a Comment