We went to a Superbowl party at Lance's dad's house. Lance's stepmom, Laura throws a big party every year, with pizza and tons of delicious snacks. We brought rice crispy treats.
Lance had a birthday two weeks ago. He's turning into an old man. Ha ha! Just kidding. We celebrated his birthday the Friday after. We went to Golden Corral. He loves buffets. He went to town, especially on the desserts. Don't you just hate it when your husband can eat all he wants and not gain a pound? I mostly stocked up on mashed potatoes, fries, and salad.
Then, we celebrated with his family on Saturday. We had Hawaiian Haystacks, Jello salad, and pumpkin pie (his all time favorite.) We celebrated with my family the Wednesday before by going to McDonald's.
Happy birthday Lance! (Picture from the summer)
We love celebrating our birthdays so many times. It makes it extra special.
Valentine's Day was super fun and exciting. Well, we're kind of boring people. We thought about going on a hot date to dinner or something, but my dad called and invited us over for pizza. We're pretty frugal, so we decided on pizza with my family to save a few bucks. And, we had a lot of fun seeing my parents and my brothers with their families. Our nieces and nephews are a ton more entertaining than waiting 30+ minutes for a table. Besides, who could get a better Valentine than a Katie-bug-hug? She gives the best hugs in the entire world! It really was a fun evening.
Katie, who gives the best hugs.
Lance's mom also had a birthday, and we celebrated this past Sunday. Her menu was beans and rice, breadsticks, Jello fluff salad, and chocolate cake and ice cream.
Happy birthday Marlene! (Picture from the summer)
For President's Day, we celebrated by going to my parents' house, because my sister came up from West Jordan. Lance and my dad worked on our Geo. It needed some transmission fluid. They did a great job. I noticed a big difference on the drive home.
Oh! By the way, I finished the Hunger Games series! I loved it! Well, I guess the storyline is not ideal, but it was written very well. I liked how everything turned out in the end. I wish I was smart enough to come up with something that complex. Maybe one day I will...
Well, that's what's been going on around here. Gotta love February.
No comments:
Post a Comment