I'd put it on, think everything was fine, turn on the water, and SPLASH!!! The attachment hit the bottom of the sink every time. So, I've been washing by hand ever since. Not my idea of fun. Needless to say, my kitchen has seen cleaner days.
We went to the appliance store to see how much it would be to fix it, and it would cost more than the thing was worth at this age. $75! For a dishwasher this old, it just wasn't worth it. So, we decided to fix it our own way, which took a lot of clever thinking (Lance is a genius) and plenty of time in the hardware store. The entire fix was around $10. Much better than $75!
Lance cut the input hose to the dishwasher and put a new fastener on it. Well, it's pretty much just a hose end. You know, like a garden hose. Then we had to get a couple adapters to make it the right size for the hose, and viola! It doesn't pop off every time I try to turn on the dishwasher! It's not the most sightly thing, but hey, if I don't have to wash by hand, I'm all for it! Oh, and the hose where the water comes out is still the same. We just let it hang in the sink. It works marvelously!
happy day for you!!! dish washers have got to be one of the greatest inventions ever!
ReplyDeleteYay! Dishwashers are great!
ReplyDelete