
Well, hi there! It's been a few months since my last post. Tons has happened since September.
In October, we visited Lance's sister, Melissa in California. It was a blast! We went to the San Diego Zoo, visited the outside of the San Diego temple, went to Disneyland, went to the beach, and celebrated Halloween there! Olivia was my little buddy (or bubby, as she calls it) . . . most of the time. She made a habit of whenever I touched her that she would say "OW." One time she even pulled my arm over to her, and screamed "ow!" She is such a cute little girl, and we were happy to spend so much time with the Heiner family. We are excited now, because Melissa and her family recently moved to Utah, because her hubby, Dan got a job in Salt Lake. Now we can see their family much more often than every six months. :)

November was my birthday. I turned 24. I know it's not that old, but it seems a lot older than I should be.
December was fun. We had lots of Christmas parties with families and Lance's work. Christmas was the usual day of family gatherings, which was great fun.
January went by super fast. I don't even remember everything that happened. It's just a blur. :)
February was packed with things! We got new windows for our house! They're not everywhere, but we got new ones for the most important rooms (bedrooms, back window, upstairs window, and basement bathroom window). We also acquired a couch from my brother, Dustin. It is red plaid. It's kinda retro, but super comfy! We also got new curtains for our computer room and the living room. The curtains we had were on loan from my mom, and were sheer, so people could see in when the light was on. Naturally, we got new curtains. It just took a little time for us to get some opaque ones. I also got two new callings to add to my previous calling in church! I'm still the primary pianist, but I also am the achievement days leader, and the youth dance specialist. The youth dance specialist is one that is learning the dance for our stake to do at a HUGE Northern Utah production in the summer. It is going to take place of youth conference this year. It will be a lot of work, but also a lot of fun. I had my first practice with the kids today, and they are doing great! They'll be super fun to work with.
Over the past few months, I have developed a new love of reading. My new favorite place to go is the library. I have found some really good books, and some not so good books. More than once I have had to take back a book without reading it all, because it had nasty stuff in it. I had no idea when I checked it out!!!! Here are a few books that I enjoyed reading: Fablehaven series by Brandon Mull (I'm super psyched for the fifth book to come out this month! I recommend these books to EVERYONE, even kids!), Leven Thumps series and Pillage by Obert Skye (all of these previous books are fantasy, which is my favorite genre), Starcrossed by Linda Collison (this is about a stowaway girl, and it would probably be considered a romance), and The Light of the Oracle by Victoria Hanley (this was one of my favorites! It was fantasy, but it had a little romance that was definitely not too mushy or gross! I highly recommend it.)

Well, that's it for now. Thanks for reading!
Love your post Michelle! Always cracks me up thinking about Olivia and you. Congrats on new windows! You sure will love them, and your bills will too! And of course, congrats on your new callings. They sure are keeping you busy, I'm sure.
ReplyDeleteSounds like a fun vacation!! And I'm totally jealous you got new windows. Ours are horrible.
ReplyDeleteIt looks like you have all kinds of fun things going on in life right now! Thanks for the update. By the way if you thought 24 was bad, wait til you turn 25! I think I had a mini crisis over that one.