




Hey everyone! It's been quite a while since I've updated. So, I'll start with our trip to Washington DC.
It was AWESOME!!! I took tons and tons of pictures. I don't think it would be smart to post them all, because there are almost 300 of them. I was able to sight-see tons. I had to see some on my own, because Lance had classes to attend during most of the day. I saw all of the monuments, and most of the Smithsonians. I learned a lot, but we'll see in a few months if I remember it all. Actually, I think some of it has left my brain forever already. But that's okay, because I still had a good time. We were also able to go INSIDE the White House and the Washington Monument. While in the White House, Lance saw the Obama's dog outside, but it disappeared before I could get a look. He's pretty proud to have had a brush with fame. :) We couldn't get any pictures of inside the White House, because they didn't allow anything accept pretty much only our room keys. I couldn't even bring my purse. They are all about security and safety for the President. The Washington Monument was way cool. We saw awesome views of all sides of Washington DC. We even saw the DC temple in the distance, but in our pictures, you can only tell if you do a super zoom on the computer. We also saw Arlington Cemetary. It was cool seeing the changing of the guards at the tomb of the unknown soldier. The soldiers are way hard-core. There has been a soldier guarding the tomb non-stop for over 50 years. I can't remember if it's since 1939 or 1959. We also saw the Iwo Jima statue. It's very deceiving in the pictures. It's like 20 feet! I thought it was closer to life-size, but no, it is way larger than life. Above are some pictures: Lance sitting on Capital Hill, The Jefferson Memorial, Me by the columns at the Jefferson Memorial, the Washington Monument and the Smithsonian Castle, and Lance and I in front of the White House.
Some other things we've been up to since last time are: We house-sat last week! The house was REALLY nice! I think I would like my house that we buy in the future to look like that. We also had to take care of a dog. She's a chocolate lab named Brandi. It was fun, but I like sleeping in my own bed best. It's just more comforting.
Also last week, Lance's sister, Melissa came to Utah from California with her little girl, Olivia. It was loads of fun!
This week, I started my Princess Ballet Camps. The first one of the season was great! My girls were very well-behaved. Nobody even fought! That's a first. At the camps, we read princess stories, play games, dance, and make crafts. We made crowns, lotus flowers, berry baskets, and scrapbooks. I'm sad that it's over because of the great group I had, but I'm glad to have a break until next month. Yeah, what a hard life I have right now. My work is only for four days every month. ;) I'm still looking for another job, so if you know of anything in Utah, let me know.
Well, that's all I can think of that has been going on, so THE END!
Glad your trip was fun, thanks for sharing ALL of you DC pictures with us when we came up. We sure had fun seeing you! I'm glad your 1st Princess Camp went well, it sure sounds like a lot of fun for the kids.
ReplyDelete